Much annoyed with the unwanted advertisements appearing on your PC, aren’t you? Sometimes, it so happens that your computer, due to insufficient security, gets attacked by nasty coders who infect your computer with Adware to endorse their own product. Then it becomes urgent to remove adware.
What is Adware?
Adware is legitimate software which automatically downloads advertisements for you on the basis of information like websites you visit, pages you check, or products you see more often, thereby intruding your privacy. When it does this without your permission and knowledge, it becomes a spyware. It tracks computer’s web history and disturbs you with undesired ad pop-ups and directs you to websites you don’t want to visit. But don’t panic! We have a simple solution for you to remove adware.
How to remove Adware?
They are many methods to deal with Adware. Tag along the following points if you want to remove it manually:
1. Firstly, disconnect your internet and close all browser tabs.
2. Open start menu and type ‘control panel’ in the search field.
3. Open ‘control panel’ and select ‘Programs and Features’ option.
4. Find the unwanted program in the list and highlight it.
5. After highlighting, simply click on ‘Uninstall’.
6. After uninstalling, reboot your computer.
7. After rebooting, do a full-system scan for your computer using an antivirus scanner.
After being successful in removing the Adware, make sure that it does not rejuvenate. For that purpose, tag along the following instructions:
1. Before you reconnect to your internet, reset your browser.
2. Make sure your HOSTs files are not hijacked.
3. Recheck your ‘Trusted Sites Zone’ and make sure any unwanted site is not added in that list. For that purpose, follow the instructions written below:
a) Close all browser windows and right-click on Internet Explorer icon on the desktop.
b) Select properties.
c) Select the ‘Security’ tab.
d) Click on the ‘Trusted Sites’ icon.
e) Select the ‘Sites’ button to check the list of sites added in it.
f) If you spot any unwanted website, click on it. It will be highlighted.
g) Simply click on ‘remove’ button to delete it.
h) After removing the sites, click on ‘OK’ button and then on ‘Apply’ button to save these settings.