You must have heard about “blue screen of death.” Its is so called because it makes your computer to come to a forced stop and in this case, the data you were working on is not saved and lost forever. It is difficult to tell what caused the blue screen. They usually come randomly.
What is blue screen error?
Blue screen errors appear when there is a serious problem with either your hardware or software malfunctioning. This is one of the most terrible errors one may encounter. Once it appears, your computer is nearly impossible to recover until you fix it. After the “stop error” occurs, your system crashes and shuts down abruptly or restarts. It is called blue screen error because blue screen appears when it occurs.
If your system has started up with the safe mode after crashing, then there is problem with your system’s software. If Windows has started with safe mode and blue screen appears again, then it is a problem with system hardware.
How to fix blue screen errors?
If your system starts normally, then follow instructions given below:
1. Click on the start icon in the bottom left corner of your computer screen. A popup menu will appear. Type “system restore” in the search box.
2. After choosing “system restore” from the options above, wait for this program to open. Finally when it appears, click “Next” in the options given below.
3. Change the current date to the past date at which you want your computer to be restored. Due to this, all the actions undertaken from the desired date till now will be altered.
4. Click “Next” and then “Finish.”
5. Go to start menu and select “computer”.
6. Right click on the hard drive which you think created the problem and choose “properties”.
7. In the tools tab, Click “check now” option. It will scan your hard drive for errors.
8. After the process is finished, reboot.