System progressive virus acts like a legitimate antivirus software finding and notifying fake viruses which do not even exist in your system. You might think they do and take a step further to download whatever program system progressive virus is asking you to download. It claims to rid your system from all kinds of identified viruses and clean it. But actually it wants access to any confidential information it aims to steal.
There are more or less same steps for removing viruses. Read further to know what you can do to remove system progressive virus.
How to remove system progressive virus manually?
It’s preferred to run a trustworthy antivirus program that will scan your whole system and remove viruses from every nook and corner. But if, in any case, it fails, then you can go for removing system progressive virus manually.
1. Reboot your computer in “safe mode with networking” by pressing F8 repeatedly as soon as your system restarts and black screen appears.
2. When you see desktop, press “Ctrl+Alt+Del” to open task manager. Go to the tab titled “processes” and look for system progressive virus. When system progressive virus is highlighted, click “End process” which will terminate the virus for the time being. Shut down Task manager.
3. Now, go to start and open control panel. Click “programs” or “Programs and features” depending upon your version of Windows. When window opens up, look for system progressive virus program or the like and uninstall it. Close Control panel.
4. Press “Windows+R” keys together. In the “Run” box, type regedit. If you are prompted for permission, click yes. Alternatively, you can open start menu and type “regedit” in the search box.
5. When registry editor opens, first create a backup of the registry. Go to file and click “backup” from the drop down menu. You will be prompted to select location for registry backup. Select location, type name, and click Save.
6. Go to these registry keys and delete each one of them. For the first key, you will expand HKEY_CURRENT_USER, and then expand Software and so on.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = 0
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies \System “DisableRegedit” = 0
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies \System “DisableRegistryTools” = 0
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies \System “DisableTaskMgr” = 0
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies \system “ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin” = 0
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies \system “ConsentPromptBehaviorUser” = 0
7. Reboot your computer normally.